Saturday, September 6, 2008

BEST FRIEND

I believe semua orang ada best friend. I do have best friends and to me, they are among the most important people that contribute their characters in every chapter of each pages in my life.

People who know me by years might know that my life journey is not as easy as what they see HERLEENA today. I started my tough journey since I was in MOZAC. Banyak experiences, kenangan pahit manis yang buatkan aku jadi lebih kuat untuk hadapi hari2 mendatang. I went through 'zaman kejatuhan', kemuadian bangun merangkak, selepas itu berjalan dan berlari untuk mencapai apa yang aku idamkan dalam hidup ini.

Because of that, tak keterlaluan for me to mention that my best friends play a very important role in advising & lending their ears untuk sama-sama mendengar luahan hati aku.

This time, I would like to talk about my male best freinds which I have a few. Banyak bezanya lelaki dengan perempuan dalam peranan meresa as a 'best friend'. Percaya atau tidak, terserah... From my experience, yang perempuan cepat terasa hati, tak kurang juga kadang2 terselit perasaan cemburu walaupun cuma sekelumit. Rasa ingin bersaing tetap ada sebab itulah lumrah perempuan. Lelaki lebih terbuka, lebih bersedia mendengar & menerima apa sekalipun keadaannya dan selalunya memberikan pendapat yang jujur walaupun pahit untuk didengar.

Lets tak about my male best friends... Better not to mention their names sebab rasanya mereka lebih tahu siapa mereka...

Knowing A (bukan nama sebenar...) for more than 10 years make me feel comfortable to talk & express whatever I want to him. The understanding taht we have among each other buatkan aku & A rasa senang berbicara apa juga masalahnya. Dari nak memuji, mengadu, mengutuk semuanya boleh. We both sama2 giving & taking advise from each other. Pelik? Tak pada aku... Dia adalah orang kuat yang selalu ada bersama aku bila aku ditimpa masalah, tak kira berapa besar sekalipun masalah tu. He is the person yang menyumbang tenaga during my enggagement day till my wedding day. Dialah orang yang mengumpulkan kawan2, yg menjadi kepala konvoi masa hari kawin aku. Tak cukupkah itu semua untuk membuktikan yang dia sememangnya ikhlas berkawan dengan aku?

Kami saling bercerita tentang bf & gf waktu berkawan. There was 1 day, which is a few days after my wedding, I did receive a call from him. From his voice, I believe he was not in a good condition but keadaan aku masa tu tak mengizinkan untuk aku berborak panjang dengan dia. Yang sempat aku tanya, "apasal engkau nie, suara macam baru lepas break dengan gf jer?"... Guess what his answer, "memang pun, baru lepas. i just need friend to talk. Tapi kau tengah busy, tak apalah."

That was the last time I heard about his seroius relationship yang tak menjadi. after that (and I believe until now), setiap kali ditanya jawapannya begitu mudah, "malas nak fikir. Ada nanti, adalah."

Pernah ada perasaan lebih dari best friend? To be sincere, we have tried it once but rasanya it didnt work at all. Sebab tu kami teruskan as a best friend and between us, no heart feeling...

I started to know B (pun bukan nama sebenar) masa sekolah. We were not a good friend masa tu sebab pada aku dia nie poyo & perasan bagus. But sebab waktu tu, kat sekolah tu, pusing2 jumpa muka tu jugak selama 5 tahun, aku tak nafikan we could work together in a few aspects.

We started to be closed to each other after I got married. hahahaha... 1st time came over to my house during a raya open house, he was so impressed with my house design. A week after that, dia terus call us and give a job to Azimin, to design his parents house. Somemore, his sister & brother in-law were the same office with Azimin & me once upon a time... hahahaha... After that, more and more jobs came over through him and we started to be closed to each other. Not only with him, but with his family as well. We do visit each other during raya (every year) and finally he found his soulmate yang menerima dia seadanya, bukan sebab pangkat & harta yang dia ada... And thanks a lot to his wife sebab menerima kawan2 suaminya seadanya.

Actually, I do have a few more male best friends tapi yang dua inilah yang betul2 together with me in my journey of life.

I am in a process to know someone, hati & budinya sebelum aku kategorikan dia as best friend. Setakat nie, character yang ada pada dia menunjukkan dia sedia menerima aku, baik buruk aku, bebelan aku, etc...tinggal, its still too early to label him as best friend...

True friendship is like sound health, the value of it is seldom known until it is lost. - Charles Caleb Colton


A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.- Anon

Friendship is one mind in two bodies. - Mencius

Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say. - Anon

When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

No comments: